- Start a Business
- Business Ideas
- Business Financing
- Marketing & More
- About Idea Cafe
3 Ways to Keep Your New Customers Happy
by Emily Green Tue, 03/25/2014 - 12:42
Competition to attract and keep customers is tough for small business owners. Keeping customers happy means keeping their dollars at your business. According to Desk.com, 75 percent of customers spend more money with a company because of positive customer service experiences. How can you keep your customers happy? Check out these three categories of ways to attract and keep customers at your small business.
Make a Great First Impression
First impressions can make or break a good customer experience. Wow your customers right out of the gate with your attention to detail and passion for a positive experience.
- Always acknowledge your customers. Offer a warm greeting as soon as your customers arrive, and let them know that you are there to help them. Taking a few seconds to acknowledge your customers, even if you are busy, shows them that they are important to you.
- Understand your customers' needs. You can't help your customer if you don't know what they want. Listen to your customers and give directed assistance so that you can meet their needs. If you happen to get off track, ask your customer questions so that you can clarify their needs.
- Offer recommendations. Recommend ways to help your customer save money or try a new product. Prove to your customer that you are a reliable source of information on every product that you offer. This will build trust with your customer and help build a relationship.
Encourage Your Customers to Stick Around
Once your customers come through your business's door, encourage them to stay. These customers are more likely to continue to spend their money.
- Prioritize the customer experience—the customer is always right. Encourage this attitude at your small business by providing consistent and positive interactions with your customers. Spend time with your customer and create a personal experience. These types of interactions leave a lasting impression.
- Offer free Wi-Fi. Customers appreciate small touches that make their shopping experience more enjoyable. Free Wi-Fi allows your customers to multitask during their shopping experience and spend more time at your business. Search http://www.verizonfiosdeals.com for deals on fast FiOS Internet.
- Engage your customer on ways to improve their experience. Gain insight from your customer base and ask them what you can do to make their experience more enjoyable. Use this feedback to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Continually reassess your customers' likes and dislikes so that you are constantly delivering great service.
Keep Your Customers Coming Back
Create a loyal following at your business. Customers that continue to return will share their experiences with friends and help grow your business further.
- Process transactions quickly. Respect your customers' time. While they may need time to make their purchasing decision, no one wants to wait in line to pay for their items. Offering expedited checkout shows your customers that you value their time.
- Create a rewards program. Whether you offer a buy five, get one free policy or give a little gift with every order, small rewards for your customer shows your appreciation. Small gifts such as pens or other promotion materials are a great way to say thank you and get your name and logo out to other prospective customers.
- Continually thank your customers. Letting your customers know that you appreciate their business should occur at every transaction. This is more than just a thank you for their purchase – thank them for their patience if you fail to meet their needs. Gratitude towards your customer will let them know that they are more than just their dollars.
- Build your customers' trust. Alert your customers to any changes within your business that will affect them. If negative changes do happen, have transparency about why the changes occurred.
As a small business owner, keeping your customers happy and engaged is hard work. However, making a great first impression, encouraging your customers to stick around, and keeping your customers coming back are great ways to create happy customers. Happy customers will increase your business's profits and allow for continued growth. What are some other ways that you attract and keep new customers?